239A Stanley Hall
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
PhD, CFP®, The Ohio State University.
Rui Yao, PhD, CFP®, Professor, is the Director of Graduate Studies and the Director of International Financial Planning Initiative in the Personal Financial Planning Department at the University of Missouri. Dr. Yao received her doctoral degree from The Ohio State University. Her research interests focus on individual and family financial decision-making and well-being. Specific topics include retirement, saving and investment behavior and motives, risk tolerance, debt management, and consumption patterns. She received the best paper award from the CFP Board, AARP, American Council on Consumer Interests, and American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences. Dr. Yao serves as an associate editor, as an editorial board member, and as a reviewer for a number of academic journals and conferences.
- Loren Dilsaver HES Research Scholar, (2017-2019)
- Best Paper in Personal Finance and Consumer Economics Award. Family & Consumer Sciences Research Journal, (2017)
- Election to American Council on Consumer Interests Board of Directors, (2016).
- Mid-career Award, American Council on Consumer Interests, (2016).
- AARP Financial Services Award and Older Consumer Award for research paper “Determinants of defined contribution plan referral.” American Council for Consumer Interests Conference, (2013).
- Outstanding Paper Award. Family & Consumer Sciences Research Journal, (2013).
- Best Paper in Personal Finance and Consumer Economics Award. Family & Consumer Sciences Research Journal, (2013).