Through its teaching mission, Personal Financial Planning offers:
- Quality instruction
- Direct interaction with financial services professionals
- Hands-on experiential education in financial planning through internships and active service within the department
- An opportunity to develop counseling and communication skills
Achieving economic well-being is a value-driven process requiring superb communication between the client and financial professionals, especially the advisor. Understanding factors that affect financial decisions is as important as understanding economics and financial analysis techniques. Personal Financial Planning provides a curriculum where this complementary relationship is recognized, developed, nurtured, and demonstrated.
Become more attractive and marketable to employers:
Students in any of our degree programs may prepare to sit for the Certified Retirement Counselor® (CRC®) or Certified Retirement Administrator® (CRA®) designation offered through the International Foundation for Retirement Education (InFRE). In addition, students may take the exam that leads to earning the Accredited Financial Counselor (AFC®) designation before they graduate, which is offered through the Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education (AFCPE®).
The PFP graduate programs prepare:
- Advanced financial planning industry professionals
- Premier financial planning researchers
- Excellent next generation of college professors in financial planning
Graduate Program Handbooks
The Department of Personal Financial Planning has partnered with Dalton Education to offer self-paced and virtual classroom courses for a unique executive certificate opportunity.
- Fulfills the education requirement necessary to attain the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification.
- Completion in as little as 9 month.
For more information and to register, visit https://missouri.dalton-education.com/.