Each year, companies come to campus to speak to our classes or to interview students either through our department, the School of Business, or the College of Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources. Often, career fairs are held at each of these locations and PFP students are welcome to come speak with company representatives.
PFP Career Fair
PFP will hold a Career Fair/Interview Session on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 from 8:00am - 5:00pm in Stotler Lounge (Memorial Union) on the University of Missouri campus. This event is different than traditional career fairs, as it is not a meet and greet event where students walk around to various tables. At this event students sign up with Dr. Ivey in order to schedule an appointment time with employers to either interview for current employment opportunities or ask prospective employers questions to learn more about their organization, or have a mock interview conducted.
Students sign up for 1 of 3 options during the Interview Session:
(Students will bring their resumes with them to their interviews.)
- Current Positions - Students are interviewed by employers for current positions that are available within the organization
- Intro to Careers (FINPLN 2083) - Students interview employers to learn more about the organization and fulfill a requirement for their Intro to Careers class which is FINPLN 2083.
- Mock Interview/Resume Advise – Students conduct a mock interview for practice and to obtain feedback on their resume.
Employers: download registration form (PDF). Cost of the event is $125 (this includes parking passes and lunch for up to 2 representatives from the organization. Please add additional $25 for each additional representative.)
- 8:00am-9:00am: employers speak to the Intro to Careers (FINPLN 2083) class – panel discussion
- 9:00am-11:30am: Interview Sessions
- 11:30am-12:30pm Lunch
- 12:30pm-3:00pm: Interview Sessions
- 3:00pm-4:00pm – possible happy hour with PFP students or stay for FPA student group meeting
For more information, contact email@example.com.
PFP Interview Sessions
Below is a list of companies who have previously attended the career fair.
The following companies participated:
American Family Insurance
BKD Wealth Advisors
Evergreen Wealth Strategies
Heim, Young and Associates
Mariner Wealth Advisors
Mutual of Omaha
State Farm Insurance
Step & rothwell, Inc
Triune Financial Partners
Veterans United Home Loans
Waddell & Reed