Each year, companies come to campus to speak to our classes or to interview students either through our department, the School of Business, or the College of Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources. Often, career fairs are held at each of these locations and PFP students are welcome to come speak with company representatives.
PFP Career Fair
The Personal Financial Planning Department will hold an Interview Session on Wednesday, October 22nd from 8am-5pm at the Stotler Lounge (Memorial Union) on the University of Missouri campus. This event is different than your traditional career fair as it is not a meet and greet event where students walk around to various tables. At this event students sign up in order to schedule an appointment time with prospective comapanies to either interview for current employment opportunities, or ask questions to learn more about the organization, or to have a mock interview conducted.
Stotler Lounge, Memorial Union
University of Missouri-Columbia
Cost of Event: $125 for employers
(this includes parking passes and lunch for up to 2 representatives from per company). Please add an additional $25 for each additional representative.
Students sign up for 1 of 3 options during the Interview Session:
- Current Positions - Students are interviewed for current positions available within a prospective organization,
- Intro to Careers (FINPLN 2083) - Students interview prospective employers to learn more about the organization and fulfill a requirement for their Intro to Careers class which is FINPLN 2083
- Mock Interview/Resume Advise – Students conduct a mock interview for practice and to obtain feedback on their resume
Students will bring their resumes with them to their interviews.
- 8am-9am – Employers speak to the Intro to Careers (FINPLN 2083) class – Panel Discussion (no need to prepare a presentation)
- 9am-12pm – Interview Sessions
- 12pm-1pm – Lunch
- 1pm-4pm – Interview Sessions
- 4pm-5pm – Happy Hour with PFP Students
PFP Interview Sessions
Below is a list of companies who attended the 2014 PFP Interview Sessions.
The following companies participated:
Waddell & Reed