Financial Planning Association
The National Financial Planning Association® is a leadership and advocacy organization, connecting those who provide, support, and benefit from Personal Financial Planning. The University of Missouri Chapter is an extension of the National Financial Planning Association®. See Events Calendar
Purpose & Goals
- Promote financial literacy, educate students on successful financial management techniques, and provide students with educational experiences.
- Career preparation, professional networking, community involvement, development of leadership skills.
Benefits of Joining
- Develop leadership and communication skills.
- Professional networking; internship and career opportunities.
- Grow, learn, and interact with others who share your interests.
Students participating in FPSA begin to build their professional network, taking field trips to financial service businesses and professional meetings. In the past few years, students have planned and carried-out field trips to various large financial service marketplaces including:
- Kansas City - American Century and Waddell & Reed
- St. Louis -Wells Fargo Advisors, Edward Jones, Scottrade, Stifel - Nicholaus, Buckingham Advisors, and Smith-Moore and Company.
- Chicago - Mercantile Exchange, Morgan Stanley, Ariel Mutual Funds
- New York - Deutsche Bank, New York Stock Exchange, American Stock Exchange, Merrill Lynch
Our students are often asked to help at the national Financial Planners' Association (FPA) annual conference. Students attending this event have the opportunity to meet leading financial planners from across the globe as well as to work alongside students from other financial planning programs across the country.
- Attend financial planning seminars, conferences, and competitions.
- Volunteering and team-building activities; social " service events.
- Network with guest speakers who have been successful in the field of personal finance.
How to Join
- All students interested in financial planning are encouraged to join.
- We welcome all majors (not just Personal Financial Planning majors).
- Simply attend our FPA events and sign-in.
FPA Events Calendar
|Sep. 3 at 5:00pm||Information Session and Meet ‘n Greet||The Heidelburg|
|Sep. 10 at 5:00pm||Professional Development Led by Laura Peiter – MU Career Services Center||117 Gwynn Hall|
|Sep. 19-22||FPA National Conference||Seattle, Washington|
|Oct. 1 at 5:00pm||Internships in Financial Planning Presentation Led by Several PFP Students||117 Gwynn Hall|
|Oct. 8 at 5:00pm||Speaker - Toni Disano from Genex Financial||117 Gwynn Hall|
|Oct. 15 at 5:00pm||Speaker - Travis Ford from Wallstreet Group||117 Gwynn Hall|
|Oct. 17||FPA Kansas City Career Fair||Kansas City, Missouri|
|Oct. 22 at 3:00pm||Mizzou’s Personal Financial Planning Career Fair Happy Hour||TBD|
|Oct. 29 at 5:00pm||Careers in Financial Planning Presentation Led by Jared Reynolds - Wilkerson & Reynolds Wealth Management||117 Gwynn Hall|
|Nov. 5 at 5:00pm||Etiquette Dinner with Representatives from Successful Financial Planning Firms and Banks||University Club - Columns C|
|Nov. 12 at 5:00pm||Speaker - Ken Eaton from Stepp & Rothwell, Inc.||117 Gwynn Hall|
|Dec. 10||Senior Send-Off Social Event||TBD|