Financial Planning Association
The National Financial Planning Association® is a leadership and advocacy organization, connecting those who provide, support, and benefit from Personal Financial Planning. The University of Missouri Chapter is an extension of the National Financial Planning Association®. See Events Calendar below
- Promote financial literacy, educate students on successful financial management techniques, and provide students with educational experiences.
- Career preparation, professional networking, community involvement, development of leadership skills.
- Develop leadership and communication skills.
- Professional networking; internship and career opportunities.
- Grow, learn, and interact with others who share your interests.
Students participating in FPSA begin to build their professional network, taking field trips to financial service businesses and professional meetings. In the past few years, students have planned and carried-out field trips to various large financial service marketplaces including:
- Kansas City - American Century and Waddell & Reed
- St. Louis -Wells Fargo Advisors, Edward Jones, Scottrade, Stifel - Nicholaus, Buckingham Advisors, and Smith-Moore and Company.
- Chicago - Mercantile Exchange, Morgan Stanley, Ariel Mutual Funds
- New York - Deutsche Bank, New York Stock Exchange, American Stock Exchange, Merrill Lynch
Our students are often asked to help at the national Financial Planners' Association (FPA) annual conference. Students attending this event have the opportunity to meet leading financial planners from across the globe as well as to work alongside students from other financial planning programs across the country.
- All students interested in financial planning are encouraged to join.
- We welcome all majors (not just Personal Financial Planning majors).
- $10 dues are required per semester to the FPA Treasurer. The dues can be paid at the meeting or at 239 Stanley Hall.
- Simply attend our FPA events and sign-in.
- Attend financial planning seminars, conferences, and competitions.
- Volunteering and team-building activities; social " service events.
- Network with guest speakers who have been successful in the field of personal finance.
For more information or to be added to the FPA e-mail list, contact:
- Erin Bowman- President
- Kevin Roberts - Vice President
- Carisha Copridge - Publicity Chair
- Donna Strozier - Programing Chair
- Brittany Hurt - Secretary
- Michael Danner - Treasurer
- Brian Erickson - Speaker Coordinator
- 2/1: Commerce Bank
- 2/8: Officer Meeting
- 2/15: Wells Fargo
- 2/22: Krilogy Financial
- 3/1: North Star Financial
- 3/6: Smith Moore
- 3/8 Service Event
- 3/15: 2017 - 2018 Officer Elections
- 3/22: Mass Mutual
- 3/29: Spring Break
- 4/5: Wilkerson & Reynolds Wealth Management (LPL)
- 4/12: Career Center
- 4/19: Bonfire
- 4/21: HES Kickball Tournament
- 4/26: Senior Sendoff/li>
- 5/3: No Meeting: Finals Week