Financial Planning Association
The National Financial Planning Association® is a leadership and advocacy organization, connecting those who provide, support, and benefit from Personal Financial Planning. The University of Missouri Chapter is an extension of the National Financial Planning Association®. See Events Calendar
Purpose & Goals
- Promote financial literacy, educate students on successful financial management techniques, and provide students with educational experiences.
- Career preparation, professional networking, community involvement, development of leadership skills.
Benefits of Joining
- Develop leadership and communication skills.
- Professional networking; internship and career opportunities.
- Grow, learn, and interact with others who share your interests.
Students participating in FPSA begin to build their professional network, taking field trips to financial service businesses and professional meetings. In the past few years, students have planned and carried-out field trips to various large financial service marketplaces including:
- Kansas City - American Century and Waddell & Reed
- St. Louis -Wells Fargo Advisors, Edward Jones, Scottrade, Stifel - Nicholaus, Buckingham Advisors, and Smith-Moore and Company.
- Chicago - Mercantile Exchange, Morgan Stanley, Ariel Mutual Funds
- New York - Deutsche Bank, New York Stock Exchange, American Stock Exchange, Merrill Lynch
Our students are often asked to help at the national Financial Planners' Association (FPA) annual conference. Students attending this event have the opportunity to meet leading financial planners from across the globe as well as to work alongside students from other financial planning programs across the country.
- Attend financial planning seminars, conferences, and competitions.
- Volunteering and team-building activities; social " service events.
- Network with guest speakers who have been successful in the field of personal finance.
How to Join
- All students interested in financial planning are encouraged to join.
- We welcome all majors (not just Personal Financial Planning majors).
- Simply attend our FPA events and sign-in.
FPA Events Calendar
|Feb. 4 at 5:00pm||Information Session and Meet ‘n Greet - Sponsored by Highpointe Financial Group||The Heidelburg|
|Feb. 11 at 5:00pm||Falling for a Firm - Sponsored by Krilogy||117 Gwynn Hall|
|Feb. 25 at 5:00pm||Society of Financial Service Professionals Panel||117 Gwynn Hall|
|Mar. 4 at 5:00pm||Speaker - Renaissance Financial||117 Gwynn Hall|
|Mar. 18 at 5:00pm||Professional Development - Sponsored by Northwestern Mutual||117 Gwynn Hall|
|Apr. 1 at 5:00pm||Speaker - Alan Jonagan, US Bank||117 Gwynn Hall|
|Apr. 17||Personal Financial Planning Alumni Event||TBD|
|Apr. 22 at 5:00pm||Service Event - Food Bank for Central and Northeast Missouri||The Food Bank|
|May 6 at 5:00pm||Senior Send-Off Social Event||TBD|