News & Events at PFP
Financial Planning Association Information Session
Professor Zumwalt in the News
Posted: Nov. 19, 2014
Professor Andrew Zumwalt recently discussed how to use Halloween as an opportunity to teach children about personal finance through the process of collecting and allocating Halloween candy. His comments are featured in WalletHub's study examining 2014's Best and Worst Cities for Halloween?
Dr. Guillemette in the News
Posted: Sep. 17, 2014
Dr. Guillemette recently discussed making financial arrangements for the future in WalletHub's study examining 2014's Best and Worst Places to Retire. He also discusses the risks of keeping large amounts of cash in the home in US News' Keep Your Money Out of the Mattress: Investing for the Short Term.
Personal Finance Symposium VI Presentations
Posted: May 7, 2014
If you missed the 2014 Personal Finance Symposium VI: Help, I Need Somebody, you can watch the presentations and download the presentation materials on our website.
Become a Friend for Financial Success
Posted: July 13, 2011
The Office for Financial Success has been given an opportunity to make a greater impact on our students and community by moving to an expanded and more prominent location in Stanley Hall. Renovations will provide a contemporary, effective learning environment for students and create additional offices for faculty. The cost will be upwards of $200,000. This tremendous opportunity must be pursued and we have until September 1, 2011 to raise the necessary funds. We cannot do this alone and we must turn to our alumni, friends, and industry for support.
I, respectfully, ask you to consider becoming a Friend for Financial Success by making a gift of $25,000 through an outright gift or pledge to the OFS Renovation Project. To demonstrate my faith in the efficacy of this project through a personal commitment, I will match 2.5% of all donations, up to $5,000, from my personal funds. We have until September 1.
- Robert O. Weagley, PhD, CFP®
Friends for Financial Success Benefit From:
- Increased visibility with students, faculty, alumni, and citizens from having the corporate name listed on the OFS website with link to corporation’s home page, as well as on the OFS donor wall
- OFS’s link with the Missouri personal finance teachers and Outreach and Extension staff to extend the name statewide, broadening the scope of the public reached
- Involvement in executive-in-residence programs, career panels, advisory boards, and placement activities
- The latest information about students, faculty, programs, and facilities
- Access to valuable research expertise and findings
For more information on giving to this unique opportunity, please contact:
HES Office of Advancement
122 Gwynn Hall
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211