News/Events at PFP
Personal Finance Symposium V Presentations
Posted: May 6, 2013
If you missed Personal Finance Symposium V: Sustainable Family Finance, you can watch the presentations and download the presentation materials here.
Become a Friend for Financial Success
Posted: July 13, 2011
The Office for Financial Success has been given an opportunity to make a greater impact on our students and community by moving to an expanded and more prominent location in Stanley Hall. Renovations will provide a contemporary, effective learning environment for students and create additional offices for faculty. The cost will be upwards of $200,000. This tremendous opportunity must be pursued and we have until September 1, 2011 to raise the necessary funds. We cannot do this alone and we must turn to our alumni, friends, and industry for support.
I, respectfully, ask you to consider becoming a Friend for Financial Success by making a gift of $25,000 through an outright gift or pledge to the OFS Renovation Project. To demonstrate my faith in the efficacy of this project through a personal commitment, I will match 2.5% of all donations, up to $5,000, from my personal funds. We have until September 1.
- Robert O. Weagley, PhD, CFP®
Friends for Financial Success benefit from:
- Increased visibility with students, faculty, alumni, and citizens from having the corporate name listed on the OFS website with link to corporation’s home page, as well as on the OFS donor wall
- OFS’s link with the Missouri personal finance teachers and Outreach and Extension staff to extend the name statewide, broadening the scope of the public reached
- Involvement in executive-in-residence programs, career panels, advisory boards, and placement activities
- The latest information about students, faculty, programs, and facilities
- Access to valuable research expertise and findings
For more information on giving to this unique opportunity, please contact:
HES Office of Advancement
122 Gwynn Hall
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
The Financial Planning Student Association
Posted: Jan. 27, 2011
Meeting weekly and led by seniors majoring in Personal Financial Planning, our Financial Planning Student Association (FPSA) offers students an opportunity to develop leadership skills and to make professional contacts. Leaders in the financial planning profession come to speak to students to share their insights and experiences with the next generation of financial professionals. Students participating in FPSA begin to build their professional network, taking field trips to financial service businesses and professional meetings. In the past few years, students have planned and carried-out field trips to various large financial service marketplaces including:
- Kansas City - American Century and Waddell & Reed
- St. Louis -Wells Fargo Advisors, Edward Jones, Scottrade, Stifel - Nicholaus, Buckingham Advisors, and Smith-Moore and Company.
- Chicago - Mercantile Exchange, Morgan Stanley, Ariel Mutual Funds
- New York - Deutsche Bank, New York Stock Exchange, American stock Exchange, Merrill Lynch
Our students are often asked to help at the national Financial Planners' Association (FPA) annual conference. Students attending this event have the opportunity to meet leading financial planners from across the globe as well as to work alongside students from other financial planning programs across the country.